Possibly the coolest auction ever.
If only I had money, there are two things I would be all over this Christmas season. One is the Menu for Hope auction, which I almost always donate to, but the other is new, the WAM Feminist Auction. You have really got to get on this if you have any money this year. Some examples of items and their current bids:
- Katha Pollitt will edit your fifteen-page manuscript for $201
- Margaret Cho will take a day’s worth of pictures for you for $30
- Alison Bechdel will create a comic strip just for you at $85
- Melissa Harris Lacewell is giving away the black blazer she wears on the Rachel Maddow show for $100, plus a signed copy of her book
- Kate Bornstein will pornographize a fairytale for you for $200
- Lisa Jervis of Bitch Magazine will customize a recipe for $55
- Sarah Haskins will record your outgoing voicemail message for $185
- Ani di Franco autographed and custom airbrushed electric guitar, only $250
And other shiny stuff as well. I have to admit, the MHL blazer would be very tempting if I weren’t broke.